Saturday, July 2

Procrastination - Day 2

Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday
Don Marquis

Did I mention that I'm quite good at procrastinating? I intended to start writing at 8pm. I do blame Sylvia though, she has got me addicted to coin push on my iPhone.

However, aside from crawling around on the floor of the summerhouse picking up stray delicas (Sylvia's beading tray took a bit of a tumble...) I have had a fairly productive day. Here is the progress of my little beaded box:


I've only had to undo it twice because I can't stand to have a single bead wrong in this project, it's like my little baby at the moment Smiley - for the first time, decreasing in peyote has really 'clicked', and I have had my EUREKA moment at last.

This weekend I also have to make time to mount and post my giveaway flower from my blogspot blog - anyone who took an interest in the bead stash challenge will know that I put in my wooden hearts that I had been staring at for well over 2 years. I had no idea what I was going to make with them, and now I don't have enough to make enough of these dear flowers.

I was reading my blogroll earlier, and found a really cool challenge that took place last week over at Art Bead Scene - if you're stuck for inspiration, I think you should give it a go. It was called the Muffin Tin Challenge. All you have to do is pull out a muffin/cupcake baking tray, sit with your beady stash, and put a few bits together that you intend to make into a piece. They go into the first muffin hole. Then you repeat to fill up all the holes in the tin, sit down with your tools, and put them all together! You can have a look at what everyone came up with from here http://artbeadscene.blogspot.com/2011/06/muffin-tin-jewelry-challenge-winner.html So much pretty stuff, you'll be sucked in!

I couldn't find a muffin tin at my mother in law's house - most unexpected considering how many cupcakes she makes - so I settled for silicone cupcake cases, and I made 4 pairs of earrings. The best bit is sitting going through your beads, pairing them up and going from there. I wish I had taken pictures, but I totally forgot. Sparkly beads and findings in brightly coloured cases, they were pretty even before they were made up (see, that's the procrastinating part of my brain telling me I didn't need to go any further!) I've got loads of bits I want to try and use, so I'm going to try this to get started on some stashbusting. I'll try to remember to take photos of those though.

It's Music in the Park in Ipswich tomorrow, which is great as our flat is right opposite the park - we get to wander in and out as we please all day, and no smelly portaloos! I think I've had my fill of those for at least another year after Download Fest. The last time I went to Music in the Park, I spent about a week looking like a lobster, with constant itching on my back where it had burned; note to self - not again? Even if it's decidedly overcast at 10am, I am going to be slathering on the factor 30. Unlike Jim (hubster) who morphs into a Portuguese look-a-like in the summer months, it appears that my skin has opted to torture me into remaining pale. I remember when Jim was temping at a place where there were a number of Portuguese guys also working there, they started talking to him in the lingo. Needless to say, that conversation didn't last long, but he did somehow end up learning various Polishswearwords from one of the other guys!






1 comment:

Leslie Todd said...

Hi Laura,

Thanks for following my blog. I love the colors in your box.

I did the muffin tin challenge and it was lots of fun. I think I will keep sing the muffin tin as it's a good way to get things out where you can work on them when you have only a few minutes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...