Tuesday, February 9

And chill

Oh my goodness, I'm just so grateful to be at home and not work, what a day! So, I've been relatively busy on the beading front and I really am loving it. My other half is always bemoaning the fact that I can't put a bracelet down until it's finished, and when I'm not beading I'm reading all of your lovely and inspiring blogs or browsing Folksy to see what new treasures have been listed. I have a small collection of beaded bracelets now in various colours, and am going to have to start creating matching earrings soon I think! I just love how relaxing it is to sit and make these, and the reaction I get from friends is fantastic - I have to explain that it is easy when you know how!

I've been reading all about bead cruises and craft fairs and am hoping that the Summer will bring some craft fairs down my way... I'm not sure where to start looking to find them though! It would be brilliant to go to a couple and buy some beads by independent artists, and see what all of you come up with - some designs I come across are so beautiful.

I have got some floral focal beads for my next project, this time a necklace that is featured in 100 Beaded Jewellery Designs by Stephanie Burnham (a treat for myself last weekend!) I just loved the spring colours of pink and green, and it will match my spiral bracelet perfectly.

I am going to give some different stitches a go once I have made my necklace, we've covered herringbone and double spiral at my Saturday classes, which are great, and I really want to learn more. I did particularly like the flower bracelet that we made - it's satisfying to know at the end that I've made something so pretty.

In other news, it's now less than 4 months to my wedding, and I'm now starting to think about gifts for my bridesmaids... At a loss! Butterflies, pearls...Weddingy things! Pretty weddingy things. It's also not long until I start having my dress fittings, oops, better be getting to the gym soon then.

I'd just like to finish by mentioning Songbeads on Folksy - Rebecca Anderson makes beautiful flowery beaded jewellery, and I especially love her Dragonfly Dreams bracelet.

Back soon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...