Sunday, October 31

Hurrah! And Boo at the same time

Finally, I have gotten around to finishing a piece! Although, I say finish and what I really mean is - what on earth am I going to do with it? Pendant, brooch, basis for a beadwoven necklace? I just don't know, so chances are it will sit on my desk for a while looking flowery and a bit Christmassy... Perhaps a tree decoration? The options are endless.


On a slightly poo-ier note, my car broke this week :( my second car and the second clutch to have failed, I think I have a penchant for broken clutches... Only on my last car it was merely a snapped cable (a meagre £20 to fix). This time, unfortunately, it's a bit more sinister for my little car and requires a whole new clutch... Now we're talking hundreds and I've only bought it a month ago! Poo! Poo! Poo! The things we do for our motors. But I do love her, so I will get her made better, and hopefully with new brake pads and glow plugs she will be happier than ever. I hope.

Car talk over :) I've stuck myself a snowflake obsidian cabochon onto my first piece of prepared Lacey's Stiff Stuff, and will be getting ready to start my first piece of experimental bead embroidery. I'm still deciding on the colour scheme but I figure I'll just make it up as I go along. As it's my first piece, it's more an experiment on how to use the various techniques... I am certainly not promising you all a masterpiece! In the meantime, have a look at Sherry Serafini's stunning work - if that doesn't inspire you, I just don't know what will. Click the image below to go to her site:

Happy crafting
x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love that flower and I can't wait to see the embroidered piece!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...