Sunday, May 22
So I finally finished the cuff, can you believe it?? Overall, for a first attempt, I am pretty pleased with it, but have learned a few lessons on the way:
*When measuring up... Make allowances! (I was going to put this onto a metal cuff blank... Unfortunately it wasn't quite long enough... Oops!)
*Cut as close as you dare to the edge of the threads... I could have done with cutting the backing and ultra suede closer to create a closer edge to the beadwork
*Possibly do a row of brick stitch around the piece before doing the edging that pulls the ultra suede onto the backing? If I had realised, I probably would have done this, to get rid of the bit of backing that's still visible
*Don't be afraid to dive in and let the beadwork create itself! I had no clue where I was going next whilst I was making this, and although it is completely random, I love the finished piece
All in all, this has got me pretty excited for my Laura McCabe class in September! I can't wait, it's going to be a fab day and hopefully we'll meet a great bunch of people at the same time. Here are a couple more views, I went for a chain finish with the clasp, which I had to have as the cardboard didn't quite dry bent enough when I attached it to the beading. (Kindly modelled by my mum who then tried to hide it when I left!!)
Aanyway, I need to start brainstorming what on earth I am making for you wonderful people, so I will be back soon to update you.